Hosted and operated by STFC’s e-Science department in a strategic partnership with the Consortium, Emerald is a large HP GPU system utilising 372 NVIDIA Tesla processors. Emerald has a sustained capability of 114TF and on installation in March 2012 was one of the largest GPU based systems in Europe.
- 60 HP SL390 compute nodes with two 6-core X5650 Intel Xeons and three 512-core M2090 NVIDIA GPUs and 48GB memory
- 24 HP SL390 compute nodes with two 6-core X5650 Intel Xeons and eight 512-core M2090 NVIDIA GPUs and 96GB memory
- 3 front end nodes for interactive login and remote visualisation
- QDR Infiniband with Mellanox/Voltaire switches and a fat-tree topology
- 10Gb Ethernet with Gnodal switches in a grid topology
- Panasas parallel storage system with approximately 135TB usable disk space